Friday, September 1, 2023

Nero (Alliance #1) by S.J. Tilly

 


Running away from home at 17 wasn't easy. Let's face it though, nothing before, or in the ten years since, has been easy for me. And I'm doing okay. Sorta. I just need to keep scraping by, living under the radar. Staying out of people's way, off people's minds. So when a man walks through my open patio door, stepping boldly into my home, and my life, I should be scared. Frightened. Terrified. But I must be more broken than I realized, because I'm none of those things. I'm intrigued. And I'm wondering if the way to take control of my life is by giving in to him. Nero by S.J. Tilly was published in March 2023. This is book one in the Alliance series. 

First off I loved the dedication of this book, "To all my ladies who see those walking Red Flags as pretty shade of pink...repeat after me, only when the men are fictional." When I read those words I knew this book would be one that I will want to throw across the room one minute then snuggle deep under the covers the next. I was quite right with this book as it's one of those. I absolutely loved Patton and Nero. Patton is one of those girls who have had back luck and after bad luck. She knows evil at the hands of her step-father. But still has a big fault as when she lets a complete stranger walk into her apartment. Nero, he has many many faults, he is a hard guy to crack but has a gooey center that only comes out for a certain girl. I really fell in love with both characters in this book. Let's talk about the smut in this book. This book had some spicy smut. Not on the level as Haunting Adeline had but it was getting up there. Nero is a stalker of Patton but not takes over her life kind of way. No he just shows up at random time. Patton, I seriously don't know how she is so trusting of a complete stranger after hearing what she went through growing up. The plot has a good pace and Patton thank goodness saw some red flags of Nero. But it was a great read and I had to pick up the next book right away to hear more.  I highly recommend this book. 


Quotes That I Loved 

I jump when he speaks, then bite my lip. "Um....I don't think I should tell you that." I see his eyes flick over in my direction. "Clever girl." 

What's his name?
"Wh-whose name?"
"The man who laid his hands on you. Tell me his name."

"Such a pretty pussy." He slides a finger up and down my slit but doesn't push in. "I bet it's gonna be tight. Bet you're gonna squeeze the cum right out of me." 

"You're crazy" 
"For you, I'm fucking certifiable." 

"You know....Cinderella only left one shoe behind."
"Yeah, and Prince Charming didn't break into her home to find her."
"The villians always have more fun." 

"You're such a good girl." 

Books in Order in Alliance Series
1. Nero 
4. Hans

Tropes 






No comments:

Post a Comment