Tuesday, September 19, 2023

The Predator (Dark Verse #1) by Runyx

 


In the dark underbelly of the mob, Tristan Caine has been an anomaly. As the only non-blooded member in the high circle of the Tenebrae Outfit, he is an enigma to all-his skills unparalleled, his morality questionable, and his motives unknown. He is lethal and he knows it. As does Morana Vitalio, the genius extraordinaire daughter of the rival family. What Caine does with weapons, Morana does with computers. When a twenty-year old mystery resurfaces, Morana infiltrates Caine's house, intent on killing him, unaware of a tie that binds them together. Hate, heat, and history clash together with unexpected sparks. The Predator by Runyx was published in January 2020. This is book one in the Dark Verse series. 

This book started really fast and I had no clue what was really going on at the beginning. There was no lead in at all into the book. It started with action as Morana was already sneaking into his house to kill him. Though the tension of the first scene was killer. Let's first talk about Morana. Morana had lots of faults and some were past boyfriends. But a lot of her background came out through the book. It made me want to know more and more about Morana. I loved how she acted like a mob boss but yet inside she was scared of heck. It made me love her. Tristan, I loved when you first hear of him you see it through Morana's eyes. So in the beginning of the book you really want to hate him. Not only that but you get to fall in love with him with Morana. The plot was intense from the get go. This is not a rainbow type of book, no it's dark but not to the level of other books I have read. One of my scenes is when he used a gun to his advantages in scenes. The plot is amazing and leaves you hanging and wanting to know more. Especially when you are in Morana's views. She hears clips of things about herself and needing to know more about what is going on. I recommend checking this book out, you won't be disappointed. 

Quotes That I Loved 

The knife was digging into her thigh. she was not supposed to be here. 

"Death isn't the main course, sweetheart. It's the dessert." 

"One day, I'm going to carve your heart out and keep it as a souvenir. I promise." 

"She stays here," he growled. 

"Don't you know not to run away from predators, sweetheart? We like the hunt." 

"Doesn't matter. I get my mouth on you, and you'll never be the same."

"Next time, I'm going to see how loud you can scream, Ms. Vitalio. I'm going to make you so sore you won't know if it's from the screaming or the fucking." 

Dark Verse Series in Order
1. The Predator
2. The Reaper 
3. The Emperor
4. The Finisher 
5. The Annihilator 

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment