Wednesday, September 6, 2023

King (Alliance #2) by S.J. Tilly

 


Okay, so my bad for assuming the guy I was going on a date with wasn't married. And my bad for taking him to a friend's house for dinner, only to find out my friend is also friends with his wife. Because, in fact, he is married. And she happens to be at my friend's house because her husband was busy working. Confused? So am I. Unsurprisingly, my date's wife is super angry about finding out that her husband is a cheating asshole. Girl, I get it. Then, to make matters more convoluted, there is the man sitting next to my date's wife. A man named King, who is apparently her brother, and who lives up to his name. Since my date is a two-timing prick, I'm not going to feel bad about drooling over King, especially since I'll never see him again. Or at least I don't plan to. King by S.J. Tilly was published in May 2023. This is book two in the Alliance series. 

First thing I need to mention is this book had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning. I mean I saw it coming a little bit but it was like action at the very beginning of the book. I loved King in the first book in the series. The little bit you get to see him that is. So I could not wait to see who King was and watch him get the turn about with a women. But this book really took King to the next level. Also you get to see Nero again in this book and he does not hold back on King. I loved the two main characters. I loved how both of them have faults that just make them do stupid things. But you can also see their relationship develop throughout the book. Though, it's crazy to have a relationship with a guy who you just saw kill your new ex boyfriend. It's a great book and I highly recommend checking this out. You won't be disappointed. Also...the smut scenes are spicy and dark. It was hard to hide my emotions at one of them when I was surrounded by my children. My husband knew I was at a smut scene but the kiddos did not. Whew...

Quotes That I Loved 

"His name is Leland," the woman, Aspen, bites out. "And he is my lying, cheating, piece of shit husband." -I Loudly Said...Dead Man 

The engine roars to life, and I leave my dead not-quite-boyfriend's apartment with his killer. 

"Are you really making fucking popcorn right now?" Nero doesn't answer, but he doesn't have to since the increased popping replies for him. 

"I won't force myself inside you, Savannah Baby. But I am dying to come all over those pretty tits, so don't fucking tempt me." 

"Do you promise to be a faithful captor for as long as you both shall live?"

"To be the best wife you can be? To not slit King's throat while he sleeps?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment