Sunday, November 12, 2023

Twisted Games (Twisted #2) by Ana Huang

 


Stoic, broody, and arrogant, elite bodyguard Rhys Larsen has two rules: 1) Protect his clients at all costs 2) Do not become emotionally involved. Ever. He has never once been tempted to break those rules...until her. Bridget von Ascheberg. A princess with a stubborn streak that matches his own and a hidden fire that reduces his rules to ash. She's nothing he expected and everything he never knew he needed. Day by day, inch by inch, she breaks down his defenses until he's faced with a truth he can no longer deny: he swore an oath to protect her, but all he wants is to ruin her. Take her. Because she's his. Twisted Games by Ana Huang was published in July 2021. This is book two in the Twisted series. 

Can I just say that this series is always throwing curve balls. I really enjoyed Alex and thought he was this amazing tough guy then Ana Huang had to throw in another tough guy. Rhy. He had his own issues and then add the princess who wanted nothing to do with her family's kingdom being thrown straight into becoming Queen. There was so much happening in this book that my head was being tossed all over. Then throw in the love between the future Queen and Rhy's who were fighting to be able to be a couple amongst all of it. The characters in this book are amazing and so well written. I felt like I want Bridget to be one of my friends (especially when you know she helped Ava get Alex back). I loved Rhys and I felt like he was perfect for my friend Bridget. He can stand her snootiness and keep her down to earth which she needs when she becomes Queen. I highly recommend this book. I can't wait to check out book three. 

Quotes That I Loved 

To all the girls who said fuck Prince Charming, give me a scarred knight. 

....but it would've been nice to have eye candy without wanting to drop-kick him into the next century. Men. They always ruined it by opening their mouths. 

"You gonna keep ogling me, or you got something I can help you with, Princess?" 

"What.Did.I.Tell.You.?"

"I'd rather you hate me alive than love me dead." 

"I suggest you stop lookin' at me like that, Princess...Unless you plan on doing something about it." 

If Bridget were anyone but my client, I'd drag her into the bedroom, bend her over, and spank her ass raw for her insolent tone.

"Because you're right. I do want you. But I don't want to kiss or make love to you. I want to fuck you. I want to punish you for mouthing off and letting another man put his hands on you. I want to yank up that tiny fucking dress of yours and pound into you so hard you won't be able to walk for days. I want all those things, even though I can't have them. But if you don't stop looking at me like that...I might take them anyway." 

"I didn't sign up for a heart-to-heart, Mr. Larsen. Either fuck me, or I'll find someone else who will." 
"Do that...and you'll be responsible for a man's slow, bloody death. Is that what you want, Princess." 

"Now be a good girl and take off your bikini for me." 

"That's it, take every inch down your throat like a good girl." 

"But first, I want to make one thing clear. From this point on, you're mine. No other man touches you. If they do...I know seventy-nine ways to kill a man, and I can make seventy of them look like an accident. Understand?" 

"No underwear. Good girl.....because if you'd disobeyed my order....I'd have to punish you." 

"Remember. In public, you're my princess, but in private, you're my whore." 

"Keep your underwear, gloves, and heels on....and crawl to me." 

"Good girl." 

No comments:

Post a Comment