Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Defiant Heart (Starlight Cove #1) by Brighton Walsh

 


As the sheriff of Starlight Cove, I shouldn't crave her, but I do. She's chaos mayhem, and sunshine wrapped up in too-tight yoga pants. The lawbreaker might have the town enamored with her free spirit, but she's a thorn in my side, even if she is the sexiest woman I've ever seen. I want her out of my town and out of my head. Trouble is, she's made it perfectly clear she's not going anywhere. And her spree of minor infractions-who runs a yoga class without a license? - is hitting dangerously close to home. Her latest protest has her chained to a tree on the boundary of my family's resort. The last thing we need is bad press ruining the short tourism season when the resort is already one bad month away from bankruptcy. I'll do whatever it takes to save Starlight Cove. Even if that means handcuffing Luna to my bed. Defiant Heart by Brighton Walsh was published in June 2022. This is book one of the Starlight Cove series. 


So I started this book series totally out of order, I am though going to post the series in order. I loved the characters in this book so much. Especially Luna (though Luna name has a soft part of my heart thanks to Harry Potter). Luna is such a complex character that you can't help but fall in love with her. She's so smart but she also really quirky. I mean with the name of Luna you have some quirkiness involved. I also loved Brady in this book. He made me chuckle at some of the things he did and said to Luna. He is the guy who is grumpy and wants everyone to follow the law straight forward but you know he needs to lighten up. Someone to care for him when he gets in one of his moods. I also loved how Luna was loved by his whole family in some way. Also let me tell you the smut in this book is very good. It's not like some books where it's in depth but it's just enough to leave you hanging. I highly recommend checking out this book. 

Quotes That I Loved 

One minute, I wanted to strangle him, and the next, I wanted to climb him like a tree and see what all that pent-up aggression would feel like in the bedroom. 

"Or you can come over here and show me if today is a panty day or not." 

"I'm not going to 'get on with it'....I'm going to fuck you exactly how I want to, and you're going to love every minute of it."
"Oh my God, would you lick my clit already?"
"Shut up and I might." 

"Be a good girl and hold this for me."

"Your pussy's soaked up all your sweetness, so that's why you're such a harpy all the time." 

"You are. I worked up this pussy, made you dripping wet. This orgasm is mine. I earned every bit of it, and I want to feel it around my cock. Now, give it to me." 

"That's my good girl. Just like that. Fuck." 

"You're playing a dangerous game, lawbreaker."
"Those are the best kinds to play." 

"Just because you're on top doesn't mean you're in charge."
"I don't know.....This feels a little like I'm in charge."
"Does it......'Cause I promise you're not. Now, put your hands on the headboard and ride my tongue like a good girl. Gotta make sure this pussy is nice and soaked if you want to take my cock again." 

"Christ, you're squeezing me so fucking tight. You're gonna soak my cock, aren't you, pretty girl? Gonna come all over me and prove I'm the one in charge of this pussy." 

"That's my good girl." 

"Even if she weren't, I'd choose her. I have to choose her. She's it for me." 

Starlight Cove Series in Order 
1. Defiant Heart 
5. Possessive Heart (Tbr) 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment