Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Protecting New York (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / New York) by Lainey Reese

 


When New York is under attack, a Navy SEAL, a group of Doms, and their feisty subs are there to save the day. Navy SEAL Faulkner "Dude" Cooper and his wife Cheyenne (As Found in Protecting Cheyenne by Susan Stoker) are in New York City for a working holiday. Lectures at the police conference by day and exploring the local BDSM clubs by night. What could be better? When Dude meets Detective Brice Marshall his first day in town, the Dom and his tightknit circle intrigue him. He and Cheyenne decide to join with their new friends in order to further explore the heights of their relationship and the incredible depth of their devotion. But, when the past comes back to haunt them it will take the help of new friends and old to come together in order to face it. Protecting New York by Lainey Reese was published in July 2016. This book is part of the Special Forces: Operation Alpha series and New York series. 

Forgive me but I actually read this book awhile ago and since I borrowed it from the library, I can't grab quotes out to share. I loved Dude and Cheyenne story when you first meet them. It's a great book if you haven't read It I recommend it before checking this book. I also read of the other New York series. Anyways Dude and and Cheyenne come from the mind of another author who let's others use them as characters in their book. So I was a little uneasy that these two characters were in another book. I have to say...Lainey Reese did do these two justice. She kept with who the characters are and their story. She did bring a little more of their personality...Cheyenne getting courageous to in the bathroom. I also loved how Lainey Reese original characters were apart of this and I could tell how everyone was becoming good friends. The smut scenes are spicy and I loved it. Lainey did amazing with the plot of this story and I can't wait to read more books by her. She's now on my radar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment