Monday, November 6, 2023

So Not Meant to Be (Cane Brothers #2) by Meghan Quinn

 


Am I friends with JP Cane? Ha! That's laughable. Besides the fact that he's adopted some far-fetched notion from the movie When Harry Met Sally that says men and women can't be friends and work together, it's safe to say we're not friends. He's annoyingly loud, obnoxiously handsome, and has made an art out of poking all my hot buttons...multiple times a day. So you can imagine how disgruntled I am when I not only have to fly to San Francisco with him for work, but stay in the same penthouse. Yup, we're sharing the same air, twenty-four-seven. We're talking full-fledged working roommates. The man doesn't know what it means to wear a shirt, thrives off protein bars, and you guessed it, moans loud enough for people to believe he's Meg Ryan in a restaurant. Spoiler Alert: I won't be having what he's having. So Not Meant to Be by Meghan Quinn was published in June 2022. This is the second book in Cane Brothers series. 

It took me awhile to start this book after the first one. I wanted to wait till I needed a break from dark romances so I can get a good start on some humor. This book though, started slow but I was so happy once it felt like it was at a good place. I loved that it was two characters that we already had a connection with. Also love how we knew somewhat of their backgrounds before this book because of their siblings background. The two characters at first felt flat and that their relationship was hiding in the shadows. Then once the book picked up around the middle of it the characters started to round out more. They became people that I knew and started to really like. I love how both characters at first were against them having a relationship outside of the workplace. But how he fell first and and asked for help. I really enjoyed this story and the humor throughout. I can't wait to read about the last Cane Brother because I have a feeling he is going to hit the ground running. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"A man and a women who find each other attractive and who work together will never be able to be friends. There will always be a giant elephant in the room, and that elephant's name is Sex. It's basic human math, Kelsey. We all need to climax, and when we find someone who's attractive, we want that person to help us climax." 

"And I wouldn't be wearing underwear, either, on the off chance that you pulled me on top of this conference table and spread my legs for a small taste." 

"...Because, JP, if I wanted you, I would want to steal, consume, and savor every second I had with you." 

"Fuck." 
"Are you okay?"
"Mmm..."
"Did you bite your lips? You know, I do that sometimes. It might develop into a canker sore, so be mentally prepared for that."
"Fuck.....yes.....Yes, baby, right there....mmmm, you feel so good."
"Are you really doing this? Are you really doing the scene from When Harry Met Sally?" 
"Fuck. That mouth of yours. Yes, suck me deep."
"Hey, yoo-hoo, you can stop that now. I get your point."
"Yes, baby, your pussy is so fucking good. Uhhhh, yes, fuck, I need to pump harder."
"No, no, that's okay, no pumping necessary." 

"If this was a real date, I would've bent you over the table and spanked your ass for the way you've spoken to me."

"A perfect gentleman isn't going to make you come the way I can." 

"Ahhh!!!!.....Your penis is on my face. Your penis is on my face."
"I know. Fuck."
"Where is your underwear?"
"I don't wear underwear at night." 
"Dear God! It's on my nose! Your genitals are resting on my freaking nose!"
"I fucking know!....But I can't get up because you're still holding on to me."
"I've been tea-bagged."
"Let the fuck GO, KELSEY!" 
"I've been defiled."
"You've been defiled....I'm the one who's been stripped bare." 

"When I knew you couldn't take it anymore, I'd part you with two fingers and eat your pussy. Fuck, I can taste it right now, sweet and salty, fucking delicious on my tongue." 

"Good girl." 

Cane Brothers Series in Order
2. So Not Meant to Be 

Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment