Thursday, November 30, 2023

Fearless Heart (Starlight Cove #3) by Brighton Walsh

 


Quinn Cartwright sees me as nothing more than her rival...her enemy. But I've been obsessed with her since we were teenagers. She's gorgeous and brilliant with a tongue sharp enough to cut glass...and she has no idea I love it as much as I do. So when she needs someone to put a ring on it because her a-hole boss, I marry her without hesitation. We draw up a contract on a napkin. This marriage might be fake, but no one in our small town has to know. She may never see me as anything more than a playboy, but sleeping in the same bed together night after night makes me want to put my skills to use and prove just how good this fake marriage can be. Fearless Heart by Brighton Walsh was published in April 2023. This is book three of the Starlight Cove series. 

This book make me giggle so much while reading it. The love-hate relationship from the very beginning. The two main characters Ford and Quinn have a lot of history as they grew up together. But their point of views of that history is quite the opposite. Quinn thought Ford hated her and wanted to make her life miserable. Where Ford actually had a massive crush on her and annoyed her to get her attention. The plot in this story is amazing and how Ford stands up for her at the right time and others to let her stand up for herself. Their romance came slowly but it is worth it in the end. The smut is just enough to leave you hanging but still in great details. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. 

 Quotes That I Loved 

The woman was knock-you-on-your-ass gorgeous, and instead of getting used to it like I should've been after more than fifteen goddamn years, I got hit harder with it every time I saw her. With that ass and those lips and the thick thighs I wanted to wear as earmuffs...She ruined me, and the devil woman took pleasure in it. 

"You're delusional. I wouldn't jump into bed with you if it was the only respite from ten thousand cockroaches crawling all over the floor." 

"I see the gleam in your eye. You're thinking about murdering me, aren't you?" 

"Don't tell me I'm the one who won't make this believable. All you have to do is breathe and I'm hard. " 

"A Pleasure Party, huh? You ever go to one of those?"
"Nice try, but I'm not talking to you about my sex toy collection."
"You have a whole collection...Not gonna lie, I love a good assist." 

"Oh, kitten, I can promise you I won't be disappointed by anything that's under there. But I wasn't talking about your panties. I was talking about that ass I want to sink my teeth into and those thighs I think about wrapped around my head ninety-five percent of the day." 

"I want to fuck you, kitten. Badly. I've wanted to for a long fucking time. But now that I'm wearing this ring?......I want it even more. It's my job as your husband to release this tension that's been tying you up in knots. My job to make my wife come harder than she ever has before." 

"That's my good girl." 

Starlight Cove Series in Order 
3. Fearless Heart
5. Possessive Heart (Tbr) 

Tropes 


No comments:

Post a Comment