Quick Word: I am so sorry for my readers that I haven't posted anything lately. I decided it would be fun to fall in a small hole at a wedding. A wedding where I was a guest and not only that everyone saw me fall. Let's top that and also say that my dress went flying up (thank god I wore biker shorts) and I also broke my ankle this fall.
I've been avoiding my best friend's little sister for three long years because I shouldn't be attracted to a woman a decade my junior. But when she calls and begs me to bail her out of another one of her disasters, I drop everything to rescue her. I spend way too much on a last minute plane ticket to Starlight Cove, Maine, with nothing on my mind but getting her butt safely back to Havenbrook as soon as possible. At least until I arrive and realize I'm trapped right along with her. And now I have to figure out how to avoid the one woman I'm not supposed to want while we're stuck in a tiny cottage that has only one bed. Stranded in Starlight by Brighton Walsh was published on January 1st, 2023. This is a novella that is right at the beginning of the Starlight Cove series.
I was so lucky to see that Brighton Walsh made this book free to some on her newsletter awhile back. I didn't realize that I missed a book from the Starlight Cove series. So let's talk about this book, this book made me giggle so much. I loved how the characters from the other books make their appearance. Of course it's before the characters meet their someone special. So they are their cranky selves in this book. Though, I miss some other side characters but it was easy to overlook. I absolutely loved the two characters in this book. Brighton Walsh knows how to create characters that feel so rounded that I feel like they could be in the same room as me. They both have faults but they also both show their growth in this book. Also even though the book is short I didn't feel like the relationship between the FMC and the MMC was rushed as you read the backstory of them through the book. I really wish that Brighton, would have had this book be a full size book instead of a Novella. I really want to see what happens when they get back to Havenbrook. But alas she only shows us what happens when they are in Starlight Cove. I highly recommend checking out this amazing book.
Starlight Cove Series
0.5: Stranded in Starlight Cove
5: Possessive Heart
Tropes

No comments:
Post a Comment