Thursday, September 24, 2026

Braving the Storm (Crimson Ridge #2) by Elliott Rose

 


I'm not supposed to feel this way....I never wanted to disappear more than while around my family. Briar Lane, the girl only useful for one thing: my surname. A business handshake and pawn to be traded. My father's chess piece shuffled between empires. That was my life back in L.A., but all it took was finding the dirty secret stuffed in a jacket pocket, and my entire world unraveled. So, I fled to the one place I knew they could never find me: Crimson Ridge. Arriving in this snowy, harsh world, I thought I'd be starting over on my own, but it turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. The abandoned mountain cabin I inherited isn't what it seems. This mountain hides secrets. An ex-pro bull rider consumes this space, and now, my every thought with it...Storm and Lane. My father's adopted brother. We should never have found ourselves isolated out here in the mountains together, each trying to outrun our pasts. All it took was one misunderstanding, one line almost crossed, and everything changed. A girl like me isn't supposed to know what those tattooed hands feel like, and I'm certainly not meant to feel butterflies anytime that pair of piercing blue eyes land on mine. He might be my every fantasy, a cowboy I constantly dream about, but he's a temptation I have to ignore. A man I absolutely cannot find myself attracted to. Even when he's looking at me with the kind of hunger that can only spell ruin for us both. Long, dark nights spent in this tiny cabin can't be the excuse to step into forbidden territory. Or can they? Braving the Storm by Elliott Rose was published on November 13th, 2024. This is the second book in the Crimson Ridge series. 

I was given this book for my honest review from Elliott Rose and The Smuthood. So I am not a huge fan of what feels like grooming behavior. So this book sent up red flags at the beginning of the book. I was going to dnf it pretty quickly. Though, I am glad that I was able to stick with it as it finally dawned on me that it Briar and Storm didn't have much of a relationship at all when she was a child. So I was able to move past it all. Also Storm is not her blood uncle but he was adopted as a child. Anyways, I really enjoyed this story once I got past me feeling like it had red flags everywhere. I loved the relationship that Storm and Briar had through the book and how it shifted. You can see the tension between the two characters as they both fought the feelings they had for each other. I also loved how you can see both of them growing into better individuals the more they are with each other. The plot of the book is great and it flowed. I didn't feel like it was too slow in parts and I didn't feel rushed in others. It flowed like a river. I highly recommend checking out this book. 

Crimson Ridge Series 
2. Braving the Storm 
2.5: Bouquets & Buckles 
3. Taming the Heart 
4. Saving the Rain
4.5: Saddles & Snowfall 


Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment