What happens when you're snowed in on a mountain ranch, with the one man you definitely should not be fantasizing about? I've always done what was expected of me. Layla Birch, the good girl. Forced to grow up too fast. To take care of everything myself. I had a plan. Only, I didn't count on him. Colton Wilder. The cowboy nearly twice my age. He's my dream man. One who takes care of me, gives me a job, and makes my pulse thud harder every time he comes near. My ex-boyfriend's father. The nights are long and cold on top of this mountain. As the snow grows thicker and the tension between us, we're both inching closer to a line we shouldn't cross. Each day, it grows harder to resist the man who looks at me with longing in his eyes. It's tempting to forget about being the good girl for once. No one would find out. Would they? Chasing the Wild by Elliott Rose was published on June 20th, 2024. This is the first book in the Chrimson Ridge series.
I was given this book for my honest review from Elliott Rose and The Smuthood. This is my first book that I have read that was written by Elliott Rose. I really enjoyed reading this story. It was a little slow but as a slow burn type of book it was kind of needed. I really liked the tension between the two characters as it started to build from the beginning of book. So when the two characters finally let go things happened rather quickly after that. Though, the ending felt off and entirely different then what I thought would happen. The characters felt flat in spots where I needed more info. I thought Colton was the one that felt the most flat and it was hard to see what Layla saw in him. I also felt like the action in the book just ramped up but then fell apart. I can't wait to read book two of the series though. I recommend checking out this book.
Chrimson Ridge Series
1. Chasing the Wild
2. Braving the Storm
2.5: Bouquets & Buckles
3: Taming the Heart
4. Saving the Rain
4.5: Saddles & Snowfall
Tropes

No comments:
Post a Comment