All I ever wanted was to play football. I made it my life, sacrificing romantic relationships, figuring I'd have all the time in the world after I hung up my cleats for good. But here I am: in my late thirties, single, and ready to accept that I may never have a family of my own. But everything changes the moment I lay eyes on Paris Bellamy - the beautiful, strong, captivating single mother of three who's more than ten years my junior. I'm supposed to be coaching her sons and working alongside her at the Renegades facility, but when my cravings to care for her become too incessant to ignore, I find myself on her doorstep, desperate to be let in. She wants to find herself after years of being torn down by her toxic ex. I'm determined to show her just how priceless she is, but can I be the man she needs? Or will I be left to go on without the woman and children who've quickly become the best part of my days? Clock Play by C.L. Rose was published on August 27th, 2026. This is the fifth book in the Rock City Renegades series.
I received this book for my honest review from C.L. Rose and The Smuthood. I absolutely loved this story and could not put it down. The plot of this story flowed so well together that I didn't feel like I was rushed or that there was unnecessary info that made it drag on. Each page is just built upon each other. The characters....they were I think one of the best of the series. I thought that I loved Austin from the other books in the series. The way that he helped the other guys get their girls. Also the way of his friendship he had with the girls. But, I for sure added Austin to my book boyfriend's collection from this novel. The way that he was so patient with Paris and the way that he let her be independent but yet didn't mind stepping in to help her. Also the way that he didn't mind being there for the kids. It was the chief's kiss! I loved Paris, and how she was trying to find herself in this book. How she was wanting to be the best mom she could for her three children and just pushing herself. It really shows how a good single parent is with her kids. Both characters I felt that I could picture in real life. They both had strengths and weaknesses. Also loved how their love was not instant in the book. It was built by Austin doing the little things. I could totally picture the two of them falling in love through the book. I highly recommend reading not only this book but also the series. I can't wait to read other series that are by C.L. Rose as she knows how to write love stories.
Rock City Renegades Series
1. Mr. Irrelevant
2. Bad Call
4. Red Zone
5. Clock Play
Tropes

No comments:
Post a Comment