Monday, January 8, 2024

Twisted Lies (Twisted #4) by Ana Huang

 


Charming, deadly, and smart enough to hide it, Christian Harper is a monster dressed in the perfectly tailored suits of a gentleman. He has little use for morals and even less use for love, but he can't deny the strange pull he feels toward the woman living just one floor below him. She's the object of his darkest desires, the only puzzle he can't solve. And when the opportunity to get closer to her arises, he breaks his rules to offer her a deal she can't refuse. Every monster has their weakness. She's his. Twisted Lies by Ana Huang was published in June 2022. This is the fourth book in Twisted series. 

Oh man, did this book not disappoint me at all. Sometimes by the fourth book in a series you get a lot of repeats of plots. This one did not though the plot has similar characters that we loved in books one through three. I had a feeling Christian was going to be hung up on Stella when she moved into his apartment. If you didn't know Christian was the one who hired Rhys to bodyguard for the Princess. Christian is such a complex creature in this book and I really wanted to go in depth of how he got to be this complex. But didn't really find closure for that part of the book. He's a pretty private person. Though, if you read other book series by Ana Huang you will see Christian throughout them doing things. I still felt like Christian could be a true person and not just a two-dimension character. Stella is not as well. You learn about her family and how much pressure she puts on herself to be perfect for her social media. I think I could find a million influsters who deal with the same feelings as Stella did in this book. The plot in this book is amazing and it has the perfect ebb and flow. Also no weird sentences that I trip over while reading (it's happened in other books). I really enjoy that it was instantly fall in love either. Both of them had to work for it which makes it even better. Also the smut in this book is supreme and not over the top. Highly recommend checking this book out. But highly recommend reading the other books in order. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"Touch Stella again, and you'll no longer have a fiancée." I slammed the door in his face. Dante was my first client and an old friend. I didn't provoke him often. But like I said, I didn't like people touching what was mine. 

"Careful Stella....."I'm not the gentleman you think I am." 

"What I want......is for you to be safe. There are bad people in this world, Butterfly, and some of them are in the room right outside. So next time, I don't care if I'm in the middle of conversation with the queen of fucking England. Interrupt me. Understand?" 

"Is that all you want?"
"Not even close."
"Because you don't want to go through the trouble of finding another regular companion for events."
"Because I don't want to be jailed for murder if anyone touches a hair on your head." 

"Stella was just about to tell me who her mystery man is."
"I bet he's hot....You can tell by the watch."
"That's what I said!....Great minds think alike."

Some photos were worth a thousand words. This photo said only one. Mine. 

"I see caffeine hasn't improved your mood....I'd hoped it would bring Dr. Jekyell back. Mr. Hyde isn't doing it for me." 

"If you saw yourself the way other people see you....you'd never doubt again."
"How do other people see me?"
"Like you're the most beautiful, most remarkable thing they've ever seen." 

I wanted to fall to my knees and worship her with my mouth. To touch her, taste her, fucking drown in her. 

"Do you like being finger fucked out in the open like a good little slut?"

"Good girl" 

Twisted Series in Order
4. Twisted Lies 



Tropes

No comments:

Post a Comment