Friday, January 19, 2024

Praise (Salacious Player's Club #1) by Sara Cate

 


He calls me perfect. His flawless pet. His good girl. Broken down and wounded by my emotionally neglectful ex, I wanted someone to tell me I was good enough. Then, I stumbled into a new job with a boss who brings me to my knees - literally. He has me do things a real secretary would never do. Emerson Grant tells me I'm more than just good enough. I'm worthy of his praise. There are a million reasons why I should stay away. The owner of the Salacious Players' Club is not just my new boss, he's twice my age. And my ex-boyfriend's father. With him, I am treasured. I am adored. I am his. I'm a good girl, but I'm falling for the wrong man. Praise by Sara Cate was published in March 2022. This book is the first book in Salacious Player's Club. This book was a nominee for Swoon Award for Erotic Romances in 2022. 

HOLY SMOKES on a cracker was this book spicy. But first, we need to talk about the characters in this book. The two main characters are very different from each other. One is a Dad of an adult son and a divorcee and he runs a kink club with several of his friends. Also has a kink of being a Dom I believe. The other is a girl who can not get her life on track. After having a nasty breakup and a father who has abandon his family she is just trying to keep her head above water. She finds out that she has a kink of being praised. Both characters have personalities but I didn't think of them as three dimensional quality. I needed more faults in this book to come in play I think and needed more just in personality. The plot in this book though really does make up for the characters lack. The plot was so well written and I loved getting inside both of the main characters head. I loved finding out the background of what started the club. But I didn't feel like the two main character showed that they had feelings for each other outside of bedroom/kink activities. But that did not take away from the book at all so it was easy to over look. I actually loved the smut scenes were throughout the book and not so much that it became the plot. Which I am sure is a big risk when you right about a person owning a kink club (be kind of fun to find one of these clubs for myself.) The age-gap in this book didn't bother me at all though I think the female character kind of had some daddy issues. I really enjoyed all aspects of this book, especially the intense smut scenes. I really enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it was one of my top favorite books. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"So, I had a fistful of her hair in my hand, and we were both in the moment when I looked her right in the eye and said, 'Suck my cock like a good little girl.' The next thing I knew, she reared back her fist and clocked me right in the face." 

"Ms. Underwood, you looked exquisite on your knees." 

"You're such a good girl, Charlotte." 

"You are so fucking beautiful. Make yourself come, baby." 

"Ill fill out that form for you if you want, but I don't need to. You want me to tell you that I want to taste you, Charlotte? Because I do. I want to touch you, tease you, fuck you, bend you over my knee and turn that pretty little backside red. There's not a thing on that list I don't want to do with you, so you can put the paper and pen away, little girl. Every single thing would get a five from me." 

"You taste so fucking good." 

"Do you want me to fuck you, baby girl?"
"Yes"
"Tell me you're worth it. Tell me how beautiful you are." 

"Stop being a fucking tease, Charlotte, and suck my cock like a good little secretary." 

Salacious Players Club Series in Order
1. Praise
2. Eyes on Me
3. Give Me More 
4. Mercy 
5. Highest Bidder
6. Madame 

Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment