Monday, January 22, 2024

Wicked Addiction (Club Wicked #1) by Barbara Nolan

 


Samson is torn between the woman he wants to save and the woman he wants to love. Samson hasn't had many breaks in his young life until the mob boss, Frank Barnett puts him in charge of Oasis, a Brooklyn strip club used to wash the mobster's dirty money. When Lisbeth walks into the Oasis desperate for a job Samson hires the leggy beauty, then finds himself helplessly drawn to her startling blue eyes and sweet smile. Wicked Addiction by Barbara Nolan was published on June 2023. This is book one of Club Wicked series. 

This book had so much potential to be an amazing book, but I felt like it fell flat in areas. First let's talk about the things that I enjoyed. I loved the whole idea of this story. I think the idea is great one to base the story off of. I could picture it happening in a book. But, in my opinion the story-line the ideas written fell flat. In the beginning of the book, I was actually so tempted to dnf. I was bored out of my mind. The backstory, was all put up front of Samson and I felt like a lot of the backstory could have been sprinkled throughout the book. Then you don't even know really the backstory of Lisbeth at all. You know that her father was in trouble but that's about it. But yet they mentioned that she had a great childhood and her father adored her. Yet find out she was kicked out of her parents house. It was all confusing of her background to make sense on why she was now stripping. I was actually, waiting for Frank (mob boss) to be the parent of either Samson or Lisbeth or maybe both of them. But the first part of the story was hard to get through. Then the last part of the book was jumping through so many things at once. It was hard to figure out what was happening and who is was happening. I couldn't picture any form of relationship between Lisbeth or Samson at all in the book. I felt like this story needed a new structure because it was not getting the ebb and flow that a book really needs. The ups and downs of a roller coaster. Then the hard part is I really wanted to get to know Samson and Lisbeth but I felt like both of the two characters fell flat. I didn't really get to know their personalities. I felt like they were just going through the motions. I needed more. If you don't mind any of things that I had issues with or want to check it feel free to read it. It just wasn't the type of book that I could enjoy. 

Quotes That I Liked 

"Flattered. I mean, I've been looking at tits and ass all night, and all I can see is you."
"Now, I'm confused."
"That came out shitty, but what I mean is, even though I've seen some real hot ass tonight, all I can think about is you." 

"When we get together, I want it wild, dirty, and out of our minds - coming so hard you can't see straight and screaming so loud the neighbors call the cops. I'm talking about being fucked long and well." 

"There's my greedy girl." 

"I want to feel your warm body moving under me, pushing against me, and being one with me....I want to be inside of you so deep, feeling you squeeze me while I fill you up."

"I want to fuck you 'til I got nothing left." 

Club Wicked Series in Order 
1. Wicked Addiction
2. Wicked Temptation
3. Wicked Lies
4. Wicked Truths 

Tropes 

No comments:

Post a Comment