Monday, January 29, 2024

For you, Anything by Elizabeth SaFleur

 


Rayen came to Washington, D.C. to do great things. Not fall for a womanizing billionaire real estate developer. Budding personal chef Rayen is quickly learning several things about this town. No one cooks here. Running a business is hard. And her bachelor clients are hopeless around women. Like billionaire real estate developer Knox Michaelson. Sure, he's gorgeous, wealthy and charming - sometimes. But he's clueless about the opposite sex. Rayen tells him, too. Which is why when he offers to help her with her business in exchange for tips on women, she's shocked but can't say no. She needs the help, and the "let me show you my penthouse view" player needs education. But an inconvenient heat quickly forms between them, and Rayen finds herself not only taking in his, ahem, view but falling for the man who's completely wrong for her. For you, Anything by Elizabeth SaFleur was published in January 2024. 

I needed to take a break from all the dark romances and check out a rom com. So let's talk about the two characters in this book first. So Rayen is a chief who just moved to be close with her big sister in D.C., amazing and she's a great chief at least the food that she talks about sounds really good and she has her knowledge about food. But, I want to know more about why did she move there. What happened to get her to move other then start a business. Did she have a bad breakup or too much pressure from family for something. I needed more background on her so that I can get to know the character. Knox, is a billionaire that sells land. You see him talking about it a lot and the feud he has with his dad. It kept hinting that Knox was ignored by his parents but you don't know all that happened with it. Also don't understand why Knox wanted his buildings to be bigger and better than his dad. So his background was lacking as well in the book. I felt like I couldn't get into the characters as much as I would have liked. So I would say they are two sided rather then a rounded character. The plot in this book had great flow. Everything flowed from each scene wonderfully and I wasn't lacking anything when it came to the plot. What was lacking was the dialogue. I wanted more depth and longer dialogue in this book. The humor parts usually come from dialogue in rom com and this one was lacking. There were a few pieces where I chuckled but not much which is unusual for Rom Com's. But, don't just take my word for this book, check it our yourself. 

Quotes That I Loved 

If outer space aliens existed - and the jury was still out - Knox Michaelson was positive rush hour traffic was why they'd fly right by the planet. A sloth moved faster than the sea of red taillights blocking his progress. 

"Someday, you'll be someone's baby, and he will be lucky." 

"As you said, there's always hope."
"You know what I hope for?.....You."
"Me?"
"And I'm not usually someone who relies on hopes and wishes. You're......disarming me." 

"Look at my little vixen, luring me to her lair." 

"This is how it's going to go. I'm going to make you come. Then, you're going to tell me exactly what else you want. How you want it. And where." 

"What are you doing to me?"
"You self-involved ass......What are you doing to me?"

"You drive me crazy."
"that makes two of us."
"I haven't slept in over two weeks, I'll have you know."
"Oh, poor baby.....I haven't either. So don't think you're someone special, gold-leafed, Tiffany snowflake--" 
"You couldn't sleep either, huh?" 

"Because you're the love of my life. Because I didn't even know how to have a love of my life. Until you." 




Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment