Saturday, January 13, 2024

Vengeance Born: A Grim & Reaper Netherworld Tale by L.C. Son

 



Two dark tales. One deliciously haunting book. Enter the Netherworld and dive into the dark with Grim and Reaper. The resident lords of Purgia may govern the deathly dealings of the night, but faced with the matters of their heart, their worlds get turned upside down. When an enigmatic woman begs Thelios Mirth to save she and her sister from the clutches of Hades, the Grim Lord finds himself gambling with the unexpected. His heart. Lord Roark wants for nothing but to reap the strays and vagbonds roaming the city of Purgia, but when a ward of the High Prince seeks his help against rebel forces, he forsakes his better judgement with hopes to reap something forbidden. Love. Vengeance Born: A Grim & Reaper Netherworld Tale by L.C. Son was published January 2024. 

I was given this book for my honest review. I really liked the back cover and saw a lot of potential in this book. The characters in this book were interesting and could possibly keep my attention if it was just one love story. Such as if one book was made for Grim and Sidney, another book for just Reaper and Pella. But I felt like I was severally lacking in back story in both stories as they were mashed together. I felt like I was lost in most of the book plot and had no clue what was really going on in most of the book. There were some cringe wording in the book especially when the two male characters were describing their parts and women's body. Something that I would not hear from any males around me at all. But this book has so much hope, there's a story line for both parts of this book but I felt like they both needed more depth to the story. As it is it feels rushed and with fantasy type of books it's not always a good thing for fantasy to be rushed. Readers need to be able to picture the scene and know the background to understand what is happening. How can Grim and Sidney and Reaper and Pella fall in love in this dark place. That being said I really enjoyed some of the action scenes in this book. Also enjoyed being able to see everyone thoughts. I also enjoyed some of the smut scenes. I recommend checking this book out for your self. It may just be a book that wasn't the style that I like but it might be yours. 


Quotes That I Liked 

"Mmm...I like the way you beg." 

"You won't dare offer what is mine to that wretch! You are mine! Is that clear?"

"That's my good girl." 

"You like that?.....You like the feel of my shadows touching you?" 
"Wrap me in your shadow....Fill me with your darkness." 

"If you let that pretty little chin drop once more, I'll impale you on my dick so hard, you'll see stars....Then I'll fuck that pretty little mouth of yours." 

"That's right, my sweet Syd. Milk me. Fucking drain me..."

"Look at you, taking me so well. I knew those pretty red lips were made to take this dick." 

Besides with the size of my girth alone. I nearly killed the last woman I was with. 

"Very good....So, is this how you taste?" 
"My lord, Reaper....Please don't eat me!" 

".....Then came you. You challenge me, correct me, you even protect me. I never want to be without you. I......"

"Good girl...your lips look perfect like this. Make it nice and wet so I can ease into that sweet golden pussy." 

"My endless, dark, eternal love." 

Tropes 




No comments:

Post a Comment