Sunday, January 7, 2024

Searching for Finley (Eagle Point Search & Rescue #5) by Susan Stoker

 


They've finally found someone who accepts them as they are, but it could all go up in flames in an instant. Finley Norris is a woman with curves to spare, a fact she made peace with long ago...but she can't say the same for everyone else. Ridiculed for her size her whole life, it's easy for her to assume her huge crush on a certain sexy mechanic will remain unrequited. But her friends have other plans, and when one of them pushes the pair together, no one is more surprised than Finley when attraction blooms-fast. Searching for Finley by Susan Stoker was published in October 2023. This is book five of Eagle Point Search & Rescue series. 

I was so excited for this book to come out. Susan Stoker tends to be one of my favorite authors to read. I love how her books weave through each other and she lets other authors create books about side characters in the same world. I absolutely loved this book. I already loved Finley from when you first meet her in the previous books in the series. Finley is a complicated person in the other books but in this book you get to find out what caused her to be this shielded person. Also you get to know more about Brock. I loved how Finley comforts some of his fears in the book and doesn't shy away from his oil stained hands. I love the storyline in this book the ups and downs. Though I have to say there were some parts where I felt like it was a little slow. But they slowly went away and you were back in the action. The smut level in this book is low but the romance in this book is high. Make sure you check it out. 

Quotes That I Loved 

It was large and round...and his mouth watered just thinking about what she'd look like on her hands and knees in front of him, as he prepared to take her from behind. 

"Go in and lock the door."

"I will...but you have to let go first."

"Yeah, I know. Trying." 


"This is you controlling yourself?....Backing me against the wall and kissing the daylights out of me?"
"Yes. I wanted to sling you over my shoulder, throw you on your bed, strip you naked, and bury my face between your legs." 

"If you don't stop looking at me like that, I won't be responsible for my actions." 

"I wasn't about to kiss you when I was only wearing a towel. I didn't want to make you nervous that I might want more, that I would lose control and take what wasn't being offered freely, and I knew if I did start kissing you, it would be extremely difficult for me to stop." 

"Now you've got me all hot and bothered and all I can think about are his biceps flexing when he's propping himself over me." 

"I'll get the door. That looks uncomfortable."
"I'm used to it....I feel as if this is my natural state when I'm around you."
"Then we'll see what we can do about it later, huh?"
"You aren't helping." 

Eagle Point Search & Rescue series 
1. Searching for Lilly
2. Searching for Elsie
3. Searching for Bristol
4. Searching for Caryn
5. Searching for Finley
6. Searching for Heather
7. Searching for Khloe (TBD) 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment