Monday, January 29, 2024

Fake Fiancée of a Billionaire by Noelle Stone

 


I left Maple Fall to succeed as an event planner in New York City. I met Ava, the high priestess of the scene, who challenged me to open a successful business in my hometown in six months or work for her. In Maple Falls, I ran into Liam, the billionaire, and introduced my business. He suggested a fake engagement for family expectations and high-profile connections. Fake Fiancée of a Billionaire by Noelle Stone was published in January 2024. 

I received this book for my honest review. Since I am being honest I need to admit that I came so close many times on dnf this book. I had to tell a few friends some of my issues while I read who also were nice enough to keep pushing me to finish the book. But first let's talk about things that I did enjoy of this book. I really enjoyed the idea of this book. I have read a lot of fake fiancée or fake dating a billionaire type books. But this story has a different take on it which worked really well. It gave the book it's own style which I enjoyed. The reasons that I almost dnf this book are a lot. The one big one is I needed more personality of the two main characters. I felt both of the characters lacked in personalities and I couldn't see how they had any form of relationship with each other. The humor in this book fell flat if they were trying to be a Rom Com. Also the dialogue between characters did not flow well at all. I tried reading the dialogue pieces out loud and had a hard time picturing actual people using it. I think part of that issue was the fact that there was massive huge words throughout the book. There were other issues in this book but those would have been easier to overlook if the other issues I have posted would be fixed. But, if those things don't bother you feel free to check out this book. 
Quotes That I Liked

"And say what? Hi, Mr. Harrington, sorry for accidentally sending you a voicemail of me masturbating? Please forget my voice saying your name in ways no professional contact ever should?"

"Liam, that's insane. We're neck-deep in this crazy scheme, and now you want to add playing house into the mix?" 

"Fuck yeah....Just like that."

"Come for me...right now." 

"Sounds like someone's catching feelings in her own love story."

"You feel like heaven."

"There's not a damn thing sexier than watching you come." 

Tropes

 


No comments:

Post a Comment