Saturday, January 20, 2024

Whispers in the Dark by Delilah Croww

 


Is he real, or was it all in her mind? Alice's parents had always told her when she was nine that the abandoned estate they moved into was just a fixer-upper, but Alice knew better. From the moment she stepped inside, she could feel the dark energy that permeated the walls. It wasn't long before she heard whispers in the darkness, a haunting male voice that seemed to be calling to her, or noises coming from the walls of the estate. During her senior year of high school, she begins to party recklessly, trying to explore her sexuality and searching for a way to escape the haunting messages that follow her everywhere. But at night, he gives her that she craves. The more reckless she becomes, the encounters become real. She wants to discover the truth and begins to unravel the estate's secrets to discover the reality haunting her for so long. Whispers in the Dark by Delilah Croww was published December 2023. 

I received this book for my honest review. This book was totally not what I was expecting at all. This book put me through the ringer and kept flipping the script in my mind. I felt for Alice in the way that her mom treated her and the way her stepfather was treating her. He gave me a huge ick from the get go of the book. There is so much going on in this book. Anyways, I feel for Alice throughout the book as people were saying she was freak. She didn't know whether she was imagining things or if they were really happening to her. Hades in the book was confusing as heck. I couldn't decide how he fell in love with Alice in the book. In the end of the book it was explained but I was still confused how it all happened. There was not much back history of the two of them in the book. Though, I thought he was so interesting having two sides of him. But...I needed more in the book. The plot had a lot of good points there was point I thought something was going to happen but it didn't. But it did not take away from the scene. The smut in this book is so dark and very graphic that it was the lead in the book. I actually think in some places that the smut took over from the story. I needed more in their relationship and the ending really threw off the totally book. Was it all a dream or did it really happen. Or was it a premotion that going to happen. So confused.... but it's a good read. I recommend checking it out. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"You asked what I wanted. I want...you, Alice."

"Do you like it, Alice?...Did you like me fucking you with my tongue? You came all over my face, and I sucked you dry." 

"Your fear is addicting, Alice. I feed off it, but when you come, when I'm inside you, that...is my favorite thing." 

"You're dying for me to fuck you....Soon. If you behave and take what I give you." 

"What do you like to drink?"
"That depends."
"On what?"
"How it tastes when I drink it the first time." 

"Who are you? Why did you kill him?"
"He was going to rape you, and he touched...touched you. If you were so horny and dying to fuck, you could have waited for me in your bed with your legs wide open."
"You're crazy."
"Last I heard, so are you."
"Fuck you." 

"You want to feel or do you want to see, Alice. My mask or yours? Either way, you will be chained to your bed like last time. The choice is yours, but tonight, I will not leave until your cunt drips with my come.
"I'm not on the pill, and you can't force me."
"I don't think you will kick me out when I'm pounding you into the mattress, Alice." 

"You're so wet for me, Alice. You want me to turn you into a filthy whore." 

"Mm...your innocence tastes so good, Alice."  



No comments:

Post a Comment