Sunday, February 4, 2024

Handling Hope (The Baker Legacy #1) by Beth Sorensen

 


Billionaire Hope Baker is the ultimate girl boss and entrepreneur. Mentored by her father to be the successor to the Baker Legacy, she's juggling the responsibility of running her uncle's brewery while building a commercial real estate empire. At twenty-two, her philosophy is simple: never apologize and never explain yourself. Grayson Mayne is a former SEAL and the newest assistant brew master at The Baker's Dozen Brewing Company. At work, he's a team player and proves himself an assets to the company. After hours, he likes his women quiet, submissive, and disposable. When he encounters the young heiress, he finds himself wanting something more. However, Grayson quickly learns you can't hold on to Hope. You have to handle her very carefully. Handling Hope by Beth Sorenson will be published on February 6th, 2024. This is the first book in The Baker's Legacy series. 

I received this advanced copy for my honest review. I had so much hope for this book when I read the back of the book. Also loved the cover of this book and it caught my eye. Anyways, I felt like Hope had so much potential to be an amazing character. I needed more from her in all points of her personality. I felt like she was lacking. But I also felt like Grayson was also lacking. I didn't find him being over all dominate person like it said he was going to. I feel like if Hope is such a strong driven person she would fight some of his domination a lot more then what happened. But also did not really see a lot of his SEAL personality at play either. He was not as alpha as it felt like he should have been. The idea around this story is great but I felt like the plot in this story didn't live up to it. There were parts where I felt like the descriptions and in the character head (Hope's) was way too long. I needed more dialogue. I needed to see how their relationship progressed and I didn't get that. Also there needs to be some more editing that needs to be done. I did really like the idea of the book and actually finished reading this book. But it needs some work to be the best it can be. If you want to check out this book for yourself as all above doesn't bother you. I would check it out. There are some amazing quotes through the book. 

Quotes That I Loved 

These were men, not boys. These were the kind of guys I should date. 

"I was trying to decide if I could order a psych evaluation on you because of your actions in my my courtroom. I thought a sane person would be smart enough to act appropriately. However, it appears you aren't crazy enough to warrant an evaluation. It turns out, you're just behaving like an ass." 

"You are so loved by so many people. Do not scare me like that again. Okay?" 

"I just have a problem resisting those lips of yours. Especially when you're all riled up and your face is flushed. I imagine it's what you're going to look like when you're under me, naked, in our bed." 

"I really want to rip that bikini off of you, right here, right now, and fuck you on this beach." 

"Now, there's a good girl." 

The Baker Legacy series 
1. Handling Hope 



Tropes 


No comments:

Post a Comment