Thursday, February 15, 2024

Find Me in the Rain (Nighthawks #1) by Pru Schuyler

 

Book Cover by Pru Schuyler

Laura Young is caught in a storm. After a tragic accident leaves her mom in a coma, she focuses on the happiness in her life-her two best friends and her five year old son. What Laura needs is some good luck. What she gets is the captain of the New York Nighthawks, Alec Kostelecky - a ghost from her past. With captivating hazel eyes, and a body that showcases his dedication on the ice, Alec is every girl's dream. He is passionate, and when he wants something, he goes after it. When a chance encounter brings Laura and him together again, Alec refuses to let her slip through his grasp, like she did years ago. Find Me in the Rain by Pru Schuyler was published in March 2022. This is the first book in the Nighhawks series. 

I read this book awhile back and really into hockey romances. Not sure why the hockey romances caught my eye for awhile but they did. Funny, part is I don't know the rules in hockey. Anyways, you don't need to know the rules to understand what is happening in this book. Not much of the book is actually involved with the hockey part. This is one of those second chances and a kid is involved. I absolutely enjoyed this book. I love the backstory came out through the book that the reader is in the know before the two main characters. Also love that Alec was so in love with this chick from his past. Though, I think that Laura kind of let him win her back really quick in this book. Man, if a guy I was into gave me up and didn't come looking. Not only that but I was raising his child I would be pissed. I wouldn't except his grovel and the way he treated her. There are parts in the book that I wasn't too thrilled about but I was able to over look them. Though, be warned a lot of people do dnf this book. It was an easy read and I recommend checking it out if you like sports romance. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"You love me, even in the rain?"
"Even in the storm." 

"Who are you?"
"My name's Alec."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Jack. How do you know my mom?"
"Your mom?.....Lu......Lu, is that our...is that our son?"

"Good girl."

"Mmm. My dick is craving you so bad, Lu. I want to fuck you until you can't take it, until you're panting, until you come so hard that you can't see straight. And trust me, I will...." 

"Will you be a good girl and let me come in your mouth?" 




Nighthawks Series
1. Find Me in the Rain
2. Find Me on the Ice

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment