Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Justice for Mackenzie (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes #1) by Susan Stoker

 


A member of the famed Texas Rangers, Daxton Chambers has dealt with more than his share of depravity. But the Lone Star Reaper takes evil to a whole new level, kidnapping and burying women alive. It's Dax's job to help keep San Antonio safe, but even with the help from his friends in various law enforcement agencies, the killer remains two steps ahead. It's hardly the ideal time for a relationship, but Mackenzie Morgan is too luscious to resist. Justice for Mackenzie by Susan Stoker was published on July 2015. This is the first book in the Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes series. 

This book took me awhile to get into. But, I think the issue is I am not into true crime type shows and it felt like that. But that is a me problem not the book problem. I am so glad though that I didn't put it down. It really sped up once the characters met each other. Also the ending is dramatic to a T. But I don't want to spoil the ending for all of you. I really like the two characters. We met Daxton in passing in another book by Susan Stoker (a book that was published later). But didn't know much about him though knew he was in military in some way. I love hearing more about him in this book also super excited to get know his friends throughout the series. I loved Mackenzie so much that I hope that I will see her in future books because she reminds me of certain friends. I love how their relationship goes and how it's not always perfect. I highly recommend checking out this amazing book. 

Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes Series in Order 
9. Justice for Erin
10. Justice for Milena
11. Shelter for Blythe 
12. Justice for Hope
13. Shelter for Quinn
14. Shelter for Koren
15. Shelter for Penelope

Tropes






No comments:

Post a Comment