Thursday, October 26, 2023

Behind the Net (Vancouver Storm #1) by Stephanie Archer

 


After my ex crushed my dreams in the music industry, I'm done with getting my heart broken. Working as an assistant for an NHL player was supposed to be a breeze, but nothing about Jamie Streicher is easy. He's an intimidatingly hot, grouchy jerk who can't stand me. The guy has a massive ego. Keeping things professional will be no problem, even when he demands I move in with him. Behind the Net by Stephanie Archer was published in June 2023. This is the first book in Vancouver Storm series. 

Let's talk about the characters in this book first. I felt like both characters fell flat. There was not enough personality and I feel like there could be more. I love the feeling when I am reading that these characters can be real people. I did not get that feeling with these two main characters liked I hoped. The plot at first was a little slow but the rest of the book made up for it. I really did like the steamy scenes in this book especially when he was trying to help her cum for the first time. Also love when he accidently bought her a vibrator. The book had some great parts but also some scenes that could have made the cut out. But I really enjoyed the book and I would give it 4/5 stars. 

Also...need to talk about the cover. I know a lot of people like the illustrated covers of books. I am not one of them. I usually avoid the books with these colors because they make it seem like a kid book (I read a lot of kids books to my kids). I usually like the discreet ones if reading them in my living room (too many little eyes) or the spicy covers on my kindle. Those are usually my first books I grab. But I know not every one agrees with what I like so it did not effect my scoring. 

Quotes That I Liked 

....Jamie Streicher's forearms could get a woman pregnant. 

I swallow with difficulty. He's so bossy. A shiver rolls over me, and my skin tingles. I bet he's bossy in bed, too. 

"The last time I played for someone, they laughed at me."
"Who?....Tell me. Names. Now."
"Jamie."
"Now."

Songbird. 

"You pulled out all the stops for this guy..It's the ultimate revenge, isn't it? To make him want you back....to make him beg to fuck you?" 
"That's not the ultimate revenge,....the ultimate revenge would be fucking you." 

"Why are you blushing, songbird?"
"I'm not."
"You're burning up. You don't have a fever, do you?"
"I don't think so."
"What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing."
"Tell me."

"I wanted to make you come harder than ever, and that was the only way. I don't want anyone else to do it."

"Good girl...such a good fucking girl for me, coming so hard." 

"Did you doubt that your pussy was one of the sweetest things I've ever tasted?"

"Stop.Teasing.Me."
"Beg Me."
"Please, Jamie....please make me come." 

"Finish Him." 

Vancouver Storm Series in Order 
1. Behind the Net 
2. The Fake Out  

Tropes



No comments:

Post a Comment