Tuesday, October 10, 2023

When It Raynes (Frost Industries #1) by Montana Fyre

 


Frost Industries was born from the blood of our enemies, forging the way for our family to walk the fine line between high society and the Chicago underworld. I've lived in the darkness almost as long as I can remember, so it made sense when I stepped into my role of Enforcer, I take care of problems, no matter the stains they leave on what used to be my soul. When it Raynes by Montana Fyre was published in May 2022. This is the first book of the Frost Industries series. 

Let's talk about the characters, Rayne is apart of a mafia family that protects the city from others. He is the one who gets people to talk which means he's the one who kills and beats up people for his mafia leader which is his brother. Rayne is a hard nut to crack at the beginning of the book. He doesn't show emotion and is drowning in his own darkness. I really did not like Rayne for a good portion of the book until he met the girl who changed him and helped him find light. Emerson, is so cute and is struggling to make ends meet. Her ex boyfriend stole from her and now she is falling to pieces because she can't keep up with running a kids center and working other jobs. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. I adored her and I really felt for her as she tried to make everything work. But you can also see her failing and not telling anyone how bad it was. Both characters had backstory that you learn throughout the book and made you fall in love with both of them. So the plot of this book, I felt like it was slow in the beginning just because they had to build the scene of how they met. I do appreciate that they didn't slow the book down even more. But I ended up loving the book more and more as I continued reading. In the end, I fell in love with the book and loved how the author brought everything around. I love how Emerson finally started to fight back. I recommend checking this book out. 

Quotes that I Loved 

The smirk tugging at my lips is almost impossible to smother, but I do my best to train my face into a polite smile. Emerson, or Em as her father called her, is eye fucking me six ways from Sunday. 

There are so many things I would like her to hear her call me. Sir. Master. Daddy. But my name will do...for now at least. 

I'm too attached to her already, and I don't know if she'll be able to handle being the object of my obessions. Too bad she doesn't have a say in the matter. 

"Because you're mine, and I don't take kindly to people touching what doesn't belong to them." 

"Can you put the claws away so I can make sure you're not hurt anywhere else?" 

"I can see we have a misunderstanding here, so let me spell it out for you....You are mine. And as part of being mine, I need to know that you're okay. Your health. Your safety. Any danger that could come to you is my business. If that means taking you to doctors, then that's what I'll do. I need you safe and healthy." 

"Good girl." x10 plus times being said. 

"A lot. It's a lot to take in and I'm not used to being told what to do."
"Shocking." 

"You. Are. Everything." 

Frost Industries Series in Order 
1. When it Raynes 
3. Fall of Snow 
4. Before the Storm 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment