Friday, October 13, 2023

The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires #1) by Lauren Asher

 


Rowan is in the business of creating fairy tales. Theme parks, production companies. Five-star hotels. Everything could be his if he renovated Dreamland. His initial idea of hiring Zahra was good in theory, but then he kissed heer. Things spiraled out of control once he texted her using an alias. By the time Rowan realized what went wrong it was too late. The Fine Print by Lauren Asher was published in December 2022. This is the first book of Dreamland Billionaires series. 

For some reason, I was avoiding to read the series. That's not saying every time I saw anything of of it on instagram, twitter, and booktok didn't draw me in it did. But I think the book cover just didn't draw me in further. Anyways, don't let the book cover throw you from this book. Let's talk about the two main characters. The two main characters are so different from each other. It's really opposites attract kind of thing. Rowan is trying to get his inheritance that his Grandpa gave him in his will. The only thing is that he and his brothers had to do exactly what Grandpa wants them to do. Lucky for Rowan he had to fix some things in Dreamland (AKA Disney) and then three people were voting whether or not it was good. He was stubborn and he had a lot of issues. Which you slowly find out through the book that it was because his Dad treatment of him as a kid. I really wanted to hate how Rowan was in this book but the more I learned about him the more that I started to like him. Then his gooeyness came out around Zahra and boom I loved him. Zahra is all sunshine and starbeams. She has an amazing family and loves Dreamland. She just doesn't like how Dreamland big wigs treat the people who make the magic work. She has many dreams and the old big wig (Grandpa) took her under his wing. Don't let sunshine and starbeams throw you off though as Zahra does have a little mean side and it comes out when she is protecting her Dreamland, family, and love. The plot in this book is amazing, I didn't feel like things were rushed at all in the book. But also did not feel like it was slow in parts. It had amazing pacing and I loved how backgrounds were woven in through the book. I highly recommend checking out this book. I can't wait to read book two. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"Well, this was the first big step in letting go of the past. Maybe it needed to happen like this."
"Yesterday you said fate was a fool's way to avoiding plans." 

"Don't tell me you're referring to Mr. Kane. He wouldn't know a good mood if he was overdosing on Valium." 

"You better have a massive dick to back up that attitude or else people will be mighty disappointed." 
"Care to bring out a ruler and test your theory?"
"I left my magnifying glass at home, so maybe tomorrow." 

"Are you always this impossible?"
"I don't know. Are you always this much of an asshole?" 

"Take a breath. I'm not in the mood to call ambulance when you pass out and crack your head open."
"How dare I consider for a second that you would would catch me before that happens."
"That requires caring and I'm fresh out of fucks to give." 

"You don't want me to help you with that problem?"
"Take a man out to dinner first." 
"Does my pussy count?"
"Fuck" 

"Do you plan on staring at me all night or are you going to get on with the show?"
"I like the view." 
"I'd like mine better if your face was between my legs." 

"You're mine." 

Dreamland Billionaires Series in Order
1. The Fine Print

Trope




No comments:

Post a Comment