Monday, October 23, 2023

Final Offer (Dreamland Billionaires #3) by Lauren Asher

 


Callahan is the Kane brother everyone gossips about behind closed doors. Trust fund brat. Washed-up athlete. High-functioning alcoholic. No one knows the real Callahan but her. Lana Castillo, Callahan's childhood best friend and the only woman he ever loved. When he broke her heart six years ago, he promised to never return to Lake Wisteria. He kept his word until his grandfather's will changed everything. To receive his inheritance, he was tasked with spending a summer at the family lake house before selling it. The request was simple in theory until his entire plan blew up on the very first day. Turns out Lana doesn't just live at the house, but she claims she own it, too. Final Offer by Lauren Asher was published in January 2023. This is the third book of Dreamland Billionaires series. This was nominated Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance in 2023. 

I loved Callahan's humor in the other two books in this series. So I wanted to know more about Callahan and why he is the only one who can make jokes of his brothers. So I was surprised on how much anger there was in this character and that Callahan humor is how he deflects the pain he is feeling throughout the books. Though I still love Callahan and Iris friendship even in this book. Then when you meet Lana and you realize how much pain and anger she has over Callahan will shock you. The two of the main characters are well rounded and they both have faults and strengths that will make you think you know them personally. Their relationship was not created easily even with their past history. There was a lot of ups and downs and Lana did not give Callahan an easy road. This book is amazing and I really enjoyed learning about the two characters back history throughout the book not just in the first chapter. The plot in this book is amazing and really well written. I highly recommend checking this book out of course after book 1 and book 2. 

Quotes that I Loved 

"You always deserved better than me."
"No. I deserved better from you." 

"If I wanted to spite you, I'd aim for something a little better than your wallet."
"Like where?"
"A kick to the balls is always a good place to start." 

"I knew Lana was angry at me..."
"But you ran before you had to deal with it."
"Exactly."
"Well, you have to face your past eventually."
"It feels like I'm being slapped across the face with it repeatedly."
"Maybe all of this will be good for you. It could help you get some closure." 

"No need to worry. I know that there is no chance in hell we ever getting back together." 

"I think he's jealous."
"No way."
"He tried to choke me, Alana."
"Cal?"
"Yes, Cal! I don't think I've ever seen him that pissed before. It caught me off guard."
"He's got the personality of a golden retriever."
"Yeah, a rabid one. I panicked for a moment before my training kicked in." 

"You did...while I was between your legs with my tongue deep inside your needy cunt."
"God"
"Please, no need to call me God outside of the bedroom. It gives me a complex." 

"You taste better than I remember." 


Dreamland Billionaires Series in Order
3. Final Offer 


Tropes


Kk9987's Note 
 I am trying to keep up with book reviews. I don't have a schedule in posting because it stresses my ADHD mind. Plus, like all mom's my life is just hectic. I have four kiddos who are all in different things. Plus, I watch a few kiddos off and on for friends. Then the holidays that are coming up which will bring with it my oldest choir concerts and her play that she is in. So please have patients. Also feel free to add me on social media and share my reviews. On Instagram I create a video of my favorite quotes to music. But after a new book review is posted I usually post on facebook page, twitter, and instagram. Thanks for reading my reviews I appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment