Monday, October 30, 2023

Deserving Reese (The Refuge #3) by Susan Stoker

 


Having a crush on one of your brother's friends is so cliche. But Reese Woodall isn't too worried...it's not as if she'd ever have a chance with the former Delta Force Operative. For one thing, he lives in New Mexico, and she's in Missouri. For another, since Woody and his team chaptered out of the Army several years ago, she hasn't seen Gus even once. She's free to lust after him from afar...but with her brother currently missing, Reese has far more important things to worry about. Deserving Reese by Susan Stoker was published in May 2023. This is book three of The Refuge series. 

I just finished this book this morning because I really wanted too finish the book. I absolutely love Susan Stoker books. I get most of my books from the library, kindleunlimited, and interlibrary loans. This is one of the interlibrary loans and my book is now full of sticky notes to share with you. Okay, let's first talk about the amazing characters in this book. I absolutely love Reese. She is this super smart girl who thinks she is too curvy. But because she is book smart there is some common sense goes out the window. Like trying to find her brother in a drug cartel area. Or the fact that she tried a hot dog from a street vendor from a country that she most likely shouldn't dare. I really fell in love with her sense of humor and love how even though she was scared she didn't back down. Also Gus, it's amazing. He's one of those tough guys on the outside but is all gooey in the middle. 

I absolutely loved this book and the plot line is suburb. There was this sense of everything is going on in the world but you know that Susan Stoker was going to pull the rug out from under their safety net. Which she did near the end of the book. I really enjoyed the slow build of the romance between the two main characters. You knew from the beginning they had a crush on each other but things just kept coming in between them through the book. Till boom...a smut scene that will make your toes curl. I highly recommend this book and really any of Susan Stoker's books. 


Quotes That I Loved 

"Gotta say, I'd much rather be with a smart woman, than with someone who's pretty but has nothing between her ears." 

"We good to go here."
"We're good...you good?"
"I'm good....and how many times are we going to say good?"
"I'd say a good many more times." 

"Well, I told you I'd visited the website. any self-respecting girl with a crush and mild stalker tendencies would do the same thing." 

"I want to kiss you."
"Well? what are you waiting for?"
"Your permission."
"Anytime you want to kiss me you can." 

"I am gonna taste every inch of your body, get my mouth in between your legs and feast. After we make love, we'll shower together...then I'll go down on you again. Then I'll hold you all night long and thank my lucky stars that you let me anywhere near your delectable body." 

"When do I get a chance to go down on you?" 
"You want that? To suck my cock?" 
"Yes."
"Then you'll get me. Me." 

"Look at me." 

"You're mine....I'm going to do everything in my power to deserve you. To make you proud to call me yours. To make me happy." 

"You feel as if you were made to be mine. You're soft against my hardness, but I have no worries that you're going to break or I'm going to hurt you when I take you the way I've dreamed." 

"Please stop torturing me. I've dreamed about you making love to me for years. I want you. Need you. Stop talking." 

"That's it. You're creaming all over my hand. My sheets. I'm gonna smell you for hours after this, and I'm not going to want to wash it away. Come for me, sweetheart. Let me see it. Get yourself ready for your man." 

"Gus..."
"If I go faster, I'm gonna come."
"So? Isn't that the point." 
"Not this time...." 

The Refuge Series in Order
1. Deserving Alaska 
3. Deserving Reese 
5. Deserving Lara (TBR) 
6. Deserving Maisy (TBR)
7. Deserving Ryleigh (TBR) 

Tropes 


No comments:

Post a Comment