Sunday, October 22, 2023

Terms and Conditions (Dreamland Billionaires #2) by Lauren Asher

 


Declan is destined to become the next CEO of his family's media empire. The only problem? His grandfather's inheritance clause. Fulfilling his dying wish of getting married and having an heir seemed impossible until his assistant volunteers for the job. Their marriage was supposed to be the perfect solution to his biggest problem. But the more they act in love for the public, the more unsure Declan feels about their contract. Caring about Iris was never part of the deal. Especially not when breaking her heart is inevitable. Terms and Conditions by Lauren Asher was published in February 2022. This is book two in the Dreamland Billionaires series. This book was nominated for Goodreads Choice Award for Romance in 2022. 

Let's talk about the two characters in this book first. I fell in love with Iris and her quick thinking. I wanted to high five her for trying to help Declan out. But also I loved how she didn't let Declan ruin her life. Also her friendship with Declan's little brother was so funny. She had her faults and strength. It was interesting to see how her faults came to play with her own relationships. Declan, I hated in book one and the start of this book. I didn't want to like him and his mean remarks. But, like in book one we know what the kids went through to be the way they are. You slowly seem to see the soft side of Declan that he hides from everyone. The plot in this book is amazing that I read this book in a day. I did not want to put it down and fell in love with both characters. I wanted to fight their fight. The smut in this book is to die for. There was not too much that is was overpowering but just the right amount for me. I highly recommend checking out this book after book one. 

Quotes That I Loved 

"Special is the last word I would use to describe you." 

"You're trying to tell me that you're engaged to Declan Kane? Willingly? 
"Is it so hard to believe?"
"No. Not really, to be honest." 

"Declan and I could be the last two people on Earth and I would still choose my vibrator over him." 

"I never asked for an increased paycheck, but since you so generously offered..."
"Well played."
"Thank you sir. You taught me everything I know." 

"I finally found the perfect way to shut you up...All I need to do is keep your mouth permanently occupied." 

Whoever this man is, he must be a figment of my imagination. There's no other explanation for the backward ball cap, athletic pants, and T-shirt speckled in powdered sugar. 

"Welcome to the dark side --we have liquor." 

"Jose does have a way with words."
"Who the fuck is Jose?"
"Nobody important."
"Good, then at least no one will miss him when he's dead."

"I'm enjoying the view."
"Says the man who hasn't even looked outside once."
"That's not the view I'm talking about." 

"What are you doing?"
"Helping my wife."
"You're growing a bit too comfortable with that nickname for my liking."
"I use it to remind you of your place."
"And what's that?"
"Mine." 

"Daisuki"
"Szeretlek"
"Ich liebe dich" 



Dreamland Billionaires Series in Order
2. Terms and Conditions 

Tropes


No comments:

Post a Comment